The Sabroe DualPac ammonia heat pump for commercial and industrial use is the ideal solution for effectively exploiting low-temperature waste heat and turning it into hot water (up to 93°C) using only a minimum of electrical energy. The two-stage ammonia-based heat pumps from Johnson Controls boast capacities of up to 3,000kW.
The Sabroe DualPAC heat pump combine ChillPAC and HeatPAC units into one single heat pump, using an ingenious modular system that makes it possible to achieve high temperature lifts, with the advantages of compact design and attractive operating economics.The DualPAC configuration is optimised for use in district heating and ground-source cooling.
The DualPAC is a two-stage high-temperature heat pump configuration that uses ammonia as refrigerant.It is designed with the aim of providing the best possible performance and versatile operating conditions.This unique setup ensures maximum flexibility in both configuration and capabilities, because all standard ChillPAC and HeatPAC models can be used.
DualPAC is an exceptional heat pump for utilising low source temperatures and supplying high temperatures at high capacity. The unique heat exchangers and vessels ensure minimum refrigerant charge as well as the highest possible efficiency.
There are seventeen different models in the range of DualPAC heat pumps, with capacities ranging from 400 kW to 3,000 kW.
- Stepless, skip-free capacity control ensures that output always matches requirements
- Consistently high performance at both full and part load
- Unique two-stage solution featuring patented purpose-designed open inter-stage cooler
- Space-saving footprint, with fewer moving parts and very low vibration
- Service and maintenance based on load-based service schedules
- Lowest possible operating costs and maximum return on investment
- Maximum part-load efficiency and low life cycle costs
- Ultra-low refrigerant charge and small footprint
- Exceptional reliability and low maintenance costs
- Improved reliability, longer service intervals, minimal downtime, low cost of ownership
- Variable-speed drive (VSD)
- Soft-starter or Y/D starter
- Control panel mounted separately
- Shunt solution for high-temperature difference
- Customer-witnessed factory acceptance test (FAT)
For more information about capacities of the various models in the Sabroe ammonia heat pump programme, click here.