The GEA RedGenium is a compact heat pump for small to medium and up to slightly higher heat loads. At its heart are now three different reciprocating compressor series completing a total range of 11 models.
The brand-new GEA Grasso V XHP reciprocating compressor series features four super-efficient sizes. They provide twice the capacity than the existing types and a maximum supply temperature of +95 °C making the GEA RedGenium the only standard reciprocating heat pump to reach this temperature level. Thanks to the large temperature and pressure lift that V XHP technology allows, the series is fit for combined refrigeration and heating applications as well as for heating only using low-temperature heat sources, from cold environments for example.
The existing, efficient GEA Grasso V HP reciprocating compressor line remains available in three different sizes – the perfect, cost-effective match for medium capacity applications up to +70 °C supply temperature.
The implementation of the proven GEA Grasso 5 HP line, featuring four small-sized models, enables the GEA RedGenium to be efficiently used for smaller heat loads and temperature levels of up to +80 °C.
Aligned to the successful GEA BluGenium chiller design and equipped with heat exchangers configured and optimized according to each project’s requirements, the GEA RedGenium utilizes low ammonia charges and occupies a small footprint while delivering reliable efficiency.
Thanks to the enhanced supply temperature and capacity range, GEA RedGenium heat pumps are used in industrial applications where process heat is needed or fed into a local or district heating network.
Every GEA RedGenium can use any liquid heat source up to +50°C, for example wastewater, surface water and ground water, or with a liquid secondary refrigerant for combined cooling and heating applications. The GEA Grasso V HP and the new V XHP models even allow heat sources below zero providing secondary refrigerant outlet temperatures down to -10°C for combined refrigeration demands.
Alternatively, all GEA RedGenium heat pumps can be equipped with a cascade evaporator, directly charged with hot ammonia gas from a refrigeration plant, to efficiently recover waste heat.
Highlights and technical features
- Industry-leading efficiency and lowest energy consumption
- Future-proof with the natural refrigerant ammonia (R717) – in accordance with the F-gas regulation, the initiative for the prohibition of F-gases
- Heating capacity range approx. 200 to 1,800 kW *)
- Heat carrier supply temperatures up to +95°C
- Heat source temperature range between -10 and up to +50°C
- Combined cooling and heating possible
- Ammonia cascade evaporator option for efficient “add-on” set-up to existing refrigeration systems
- Fully welded shell & plate heat exchanger
- Various plate materials available, all common liquids supported
- Efficiency-optimized configuration with minimized energy costs and CO2 emissions
- Minimum footprint, comes in one piece
- Unit ready for connection, easy installation, minimum maintenance
- Stepless capacity control via frequency inverter (variable speed range 500 – 1,500 rpm) and cylinder switch-off
- Industry-leading control technology with GEA Omni control panel
Sec. refrigerant +27/+22 °C, heat carrier +50/+70 °C
Learn more with GEA RTSelect – our product selection and configuration tool.
More information here.