Several presentations on ammonia-based refrigeration systems used by warehouses in Mexico will be featured at the ATMOsphere (ATMO) LATAM (Latin America) 2023 conference on natural refrigerant-based HVAC&R.
The conference will be held Wednesday, November 8, and Thursday, November 9, 2023, in Mexico City at the Barceló México Reforma hotel. It will be hosted by ATMOsphere, publisher of Ammonia21.com.
This is the second ATMO LATAM and the first to be held in person. The first was held online on October 22, 2020, as part of the online ATMO America conference.
Like other ATMO conferences, ATMO LATAM will gather key industry experts, including manufacturers, policymakers, end users and contractors, to learn about the latest developments in natural refrigerant-based HVAC&R systems, including those using CO2 (R744), hydrocarbons and ammonia (R717).
Presentations will be bilingual, translated into either English or Spanish.
Ammonia refrigeration presentations will include:
- Adolfo Santos,Sales Manager NOLA, Cold Chain at Copeland, and Manuel Alarcón, ABE Refrigeración Industrial, will present on Ammonia integrated industrial application – a safe and sustainable solution (Aplicación industrial integrada de amoníaco – Una solución segura y sostenible). This case study will describe an approach to the design and application of two 2,000lbs (907kg)+ charge systems in Mexican distribution centers with Vilter’s single-screw compressors and installed by ABE (A Blazquez E Refrigeración Industrial), an industrial contractor. These fully automated projects were developed with state-of-the-art leak detection, including monitoring services and corrective systems. The facilities are equipped with medium-temperature and low-temperature applications that can operate in a flexible way adapting to the end user’s needs. These applications were developed with Vilter’s compressors. Vilter (a Copeland brand) is a well-known compressor manufacturer in Latin America with over 500 industrial projects. ABE is a solutions integrator for the Latin American with market with over 85 years of experience.
- Two end-user presentations on the use of ammonia refrigeration at Mexican cold-storage warehouses will be given by Moisés Ventocilla, Director of Engineering, Emergent Cold LatAm, and Ricardo García, Project Director, Frialsa.
In addition, CO2 case-study presentations will include:
- Mauricio Baena, Regional Sales Manager, LATAM, Advansor, and Julio Viera, Corporate Project Manager, Axionlog, on CO2 refrigeration solutions for distribution centers: an efficient and sustainable solution (Soluciones de refrigeración con CO2 para centros de distribución: una solución eficiente y sustentable).
- Ignacio Chaparro, Sustainability & New Technologies Manager, Epta, on CO2Transcritical Real Comparison (Comparativa real de CO2 transcrítico).
- Rolando Bissot, Engineering and Maintenance Manager, Arneg, on Integrated Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning CO2 System for Supermarket applications (Sistema de refrigeración y aire acondicionado CO2 integrados para aplicaciones de supermercado).
- Giacomo Pisano, CO2 Compressors Business Development Manager, Dorin, on CO2 system efficiency in warm climates, a real example from Italy (Eficiencia del sistema de CO2 en climas cálidos, un ejemplo real de Italia)
- Raúl Alanis, Mechanical Engineer, Güntner, onOvercoming the challenges to operate low-temperature and medium-temperature (LT and MT) 1400kW (398TR) CO2 transcritical in warm-climate Monterrey City, Mexico. (Superando los retos para operar CO2 transcrítico en la Ciudad de Monterrey, México. Caso de estudio de almacén de CO2 transcrítico baja y media temperatura (LT & MT) 1400kW (398TR) en clima cálido)
Other case-study presentations will include:
- Miguel Hauser, Senior Business Development Manager LATAM, Hussmann, on StoreConnect:leak detection and predictive analytics for commercial refrigeration (StoreConnect: detección de fugas y análisis predictivo para refrigeración comercial).
- Carolina Vélez, Technical Advisor, GIZ Proklima, on The Green Cooling Initiative III (La iniciativa de enfriamiento verde III).
- Rogério Marson Rodrigues, Engineering Manager, Eletrofrio Refrigeração, on HighPack PRO – Propane Chiller (HighPack PRO – Enfriador de propano).
There will also be a keynote, presentations on global market trends and market and technology trends in Latin America, end-user and installers panels and policy discussions on standards, regulations and PFAS.
Attendees will include end users, contractors, policymakers, manufacturers, researchers, academics, consultants, NGOs, associations, media and other key industry experts and stakeholders.
You can now register for the event here and find the preliminary program and other information on the event website. End users can register for free, and contractors/installers of HVAC&R systems are eligible to receive one free ticket per organization, with a 50% discount on additional tickets.
The Gold sponsors of ATMO LATAM 2023 are TEKO, Arneg, Epta, Copeland and Hussmann. Information on sponsorships can be found here.
“The use of natural refrigerants in HVAC&R solutions is growing in Latin America, and we’re thrilled to give the opportunity to all industry stakeholders to learn, engage and help accelerate the transition to greener cooling technology alternatives, with natural refrigerants only!” said Marc Chasserot, CEO of ATMOsphere.