Global HVAC&R stakeholders are invited to attend Alfa Laval’s net-zero launch event #3, which will take place online at 4pm CET (10am EST) on February 15.
This 45-minute event is free to attend. The program covers applications for energy efficiency, clean energy and circularity.
As a Swedish manufacturer of ammonia heat exchangers and other products, Alfa Laval is dedicated to “accelerating the transition to more efficient, cleaner energy solutions and moving the circular economy forward.”
This net-zero launch event is a follow-up to Alfa Laval’s September 2022 event. The February event has “an incredible line-up of speakers to present our solutions to some of the biggest climate challenges of our time,” reports Alfa Laval.
You can register for the event here.
“We invite customers from around the world to join us as we discuss the ‘innovation that accelerates sustainable solutions,’” said Thomas Møller, Executive Vice President of Alfa Laval’s Energy Division.
Though the full lineup of expert speakers to join Møller at the event has not yet been announced, the program will include the following topics:
Energy Efficiency Applications
- The Alfa Laval T21: a heat exchanger with a wide array of plate options.
- Alfa Laval and EcoData Center’s collaboration to develop a sustainable data center.
- Smart connection solutions for Alfa Laval heat exchangers.
- The Alfa Laval cooling pod. The pod fits inside a 20ft (6m) container for data center cooling.
Clean Energy Applications
- The new AlfaNova GL50 “accelerates decarbonization” using fuel cells.
- Liquid Wind’s first commercial-scale eMethanol facility in Sweden, presented by Claes Fredriksson, the company’s CEO. The facility converts green hydrogen and carbon dioxide emissions into the carbon-neutral fuel eMethanol
- Alfa Laval’s solid bowl centrifuges for mining operations enable water reuse and dry disposal of tailing solids.
- The Alfa Laval decanter centrifuge for construction drilling to reuse water and reduce chemical consumption.
“These areas are the cornerstones of Alfa Laval’s sustainability offering, and they are at the heart of the ways in which we can support our customers to reach net zero,” said Møller. He added that he recognizes that the acceleration of the net-zero journey happens through partnerships, which provide complementary competencies and capabilities to break new ground.
As a first step to develop a carbon-neutral heat exchanger, Alfa Laval has partnered with SSAB, a Swedish-U.S.-based steel company, to develop and commercialize the world’s first heat exchanger made with fossil-free steel.
Alfa Laval’s September 2022 net-zero event discussed solutions for energy-efficient data-center cooling, peak performance through thermal imaging, and hybrid air coolers.
According to Møller, over the last 12 months, Alfa Laval has sold “millions” of its heat exchangers, “helping its customers save 100GW of energy”.
Alfa Laval’s goal is to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050 by reducing its carbon footprint in its own operations as well as those of its customers. According to Møller, Alfa Laval is on track to reduce its emissions by 50% within the year through its direct operations and its indirect use of power plant electricity.